Please note this Website (“Site”) is for specific use only and is not open to the general public. Access to this system is restricted to authorized Users and protected by laws of the United States. Any unauthorized use of this system will be vigorously prosecuted. The IP addresses of Users attempting to access this system are recorded. Actions of signed-in Users may be logged for security purposes.
Service Contract Industry Council grants you permission to access and use this Site for your personal, non-commercial purposes only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Site, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you make take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You agree that you will not:
- Use the Site in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law.
- Use the Site to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Service Contract Industry Council or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
This Site and all of its contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to the information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are the property of Service Contract Industry Council and other suppliers of such material and are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights laws.
The Service Contract Industry Council name and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Service Contract Industry Council or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Service Contract Industry Council or its affiliates or licensors.
Disclaimer of warranties
You understand that while we make every effort to provide a safe browsing experience, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Site for any reconstruction of any lost data. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or any services or items obtained through the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Your use of the Site, its content and any services or items obtained through the Site is at your own risk. The Site, its content and any services or items obtained through the Site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither Service Contract Industry Council nor any person associated with Service Contract Industry Council makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, neither Service Contract Industry Council nor anyone associated with Service Contract Industry Council represents or warrants that the Site, its content or any services or items obtained through the Site will be error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that our Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the Site or any services or items obtained through the Site will otherwise meet your needs or expectations.
Service Contract Industry Council hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose.
The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation on Liability
The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Waiver and severability
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
“Do Not Track” (“DNT”) refers to a privacy preference option used by Internet web browsers to request a web application disable its tracking or its cross-site tracking. When enabled, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. California law requires us to disclose how we respond to web browser DNT signals. At this time, there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, thus our Site does not respond to DNT signals. We will await the result of work by the privacy community and the industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form should it take. For more information concerning what personal information we track and what information may be shared with third parties, continue reading below.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, fill out a form and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, your IP address, the date and time you access this Site.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Service Contract Industry Council collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Credit card information is not stored on this Site. Cardholder data is processed and/or transmitted and/or stored via a third-party payment processor.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Service Contract Industry Council
P.O. Box 11247
Tallahassee, FL 32302 USA
Email: [email protected]
Revised August 2018